Sunday, March 14, 2010

shoot.

dang it. Today was slightly rough at work. But I pray that God can keep me real throughout my nursing career. I am seeking to have a soft, maleable heart that is affected by situations and rather than using every second, shaping every second. My free will is directed slash guided by His will.
This week in San Fran with my dimes was unreal. I had a blast and it really made me thankful for the lovely yet freaking weird people in my life. In a good way... :) I love weird. duh.
We started off the trip with some gas and snacks. of course then headed north to the golden gate... which we actually saw on accident later that night due to my impaired directional skills. And we drove, wrote a rap, ate, sang, got deep... you know the usssh for a road trippy. We got to stay and Lindsay's aunt's house and her aunt was so kind. She had snacks waiting for us when we arrived and every morning had breakfast and coffee ready for our bellies. Very welcoming.
Our first day in the city can be described in 2 words: girls & lost. We literally were incapable of making any decisions. And it got to the point where we didn't even acknowledge we were lost... just part of the daily routine. :) But us girls actually were able to keep smiling and laughing which can make anything better. After a short run we chowed on the famous clam chowder bread bowl on pier 39 and headed towards China. town that is. Which ended up not being the fake China town but we didn't care. Highlight of the day and near to the highlight of the trip was this record shop me amy and emspence bumped into. I can't even describe it but I was in love.... After some disgusting frubble imitation green tea chinese thing we ended up at forever21. 1st mistake but also one of the best decisions made of the day.
Anywho. We made it to this cute diner and laughed away the lost troubles that seemed far in the past at that point.
Tuesday=Wicked.... We slept in. ate. too much. whats new. then went to haite and ashbury looking for thrift stores... found a book store that i loveeedd! gosh i could stay in book stores for hours!!! shoot. shoot. but wait that might have been tuesday.. oops i don't remember. but it was my first subway ride! so fun. people watching fa show. Wicked was soooo fun! I loved the show and the theater was beautiful. Then Wednesday we slept through ALL 5 alarms and were rushing to make it to our 9 o clock departure to visit ALCATRAZ we from the naz. I loved this baby island! I learned so much and it was very interactive. Highly suggested as a profesh tourist of san fran. I got a key which is the same one as the one that this awesome guard hid from the bad guys and was a hero.. its on my keychain so basically im a hero.... umm .. we took too many pics here and actually everywhere. except me because technology hates me. We met one of the real prisoners and i talked to him! he was kinda scary not going to lie. After alcatraz we went on a mission to find the golden gate bridge and it took prrrrrrobably a total of 3 hours but it was found... and it was beautiful. we ate our lunches on the end of hole 13 at a golf course. This included rolling in the grass, dog piles, mooning, and amy entertaining us. Then we walked on the cliffs and it was just gorgeous. pictures on facebook eventually will prove my point. For dinner, lindsay's aunt made us a gormet meal. OH MY GOSH. this was my favorite part of the trip because first of all and most importantly i love food and secondly, this couple seriously makes my heart swell because they were so raw with us and shared their struggles and really wanted us to grow in Christ.
We drove home early thursday morning and my neck is still sore.

best spring break of my life so far and i'm expecting next years to top it.
Need to give God more time though. I feel like our relationship is a little unfair lately so i'm divin in and listenin! wooooo.
Off to sleep... zzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home